
After the storm, this is what I looked out the window to see. Needless to say, I was kind of speechless. Kinda creepy...like someone burrowed under our house and destroyed all of our expensive things!
Here is the path is took to our house.
Look at those big roots! The lightening just totally exploded them! The rocks around the tree were everywhere...
I don't have a good picture of it, but there are holes where the rocks went flying and where it hit other parts of the roots. We hope this tree dies. I don't know how it couldn't. Insurance will pay for it if it does...we are keeping our fingers crossed!In the end, the lightening sizzled a TV, my laptop (even on a surge protector!), the phone lines, the satellite internet/TV, Chris' big office/fax/printer downstairs, a garage door opener, messed up lots of outlets in our house, stove and now little things are starting to fizzle out like a lamp in Dylan's room and the CO2 detector. The insurance adjuster said that for the next 2 months, stuff may just stop working with no explanation. We are kinda hoping maybe the refrigerator decides to call it quits too! New appliances would be great!
After thinking about it all and taking it all in, we are very lucky it wasn't more serious...
No comments:
Post a Comment