Dylan is a big Kindergartener as of yesterday.
The day was not as emotional as I had expected. He rode the bus for the first time last year for 4K and I was a mess after that send off. This year he was excited to ride the bus with all of his buddies and couldn't wait to see what he was going to get to do at the big kid school!
| Goodbye Dylan! We will miss you |
Our conversation about the day took an unexpected turn tonight before bed...
Read on....
Kindergarten Day 1: Dylan loves it. Leaves his new lunchbox at school. Awesome.
Kindergarten Day 2: I pack a bag lunch for Dylan and tell him to make sure he looks for his lunch box at school. But, Dylan decides he will take matters into his own hands with this lunch business.
Me- So, you ate your lunch in time to get to play outside for recess? (yesterday, he didn't get to have much playtime)
Dylan- Yep, but I didn't eat the sandwich with the tomato on it. It looked like it had nuts on it too so I threw it away. But, I ate salad because I wanted the croutons.
(Me thinking...hmmm....I made him a bagel with jelly. What the heck is he talking about?)
Me- Dylan what do you mean? (I have hammered into his head that he absolutely cannot take food from other kids at his table so I got a little panicked bc of the food allergy thing..and then a little lightbulb goes off....)
Dylan- I ate hot lunch today too. People were in line and getting food and they didn't even have to have money.
Me- What!? I made you cold lunch.
Dylan- Yeah, I know. I put that lunch down on the table and went and got in line for hot lunch. I didn't have to pay. I just said my name. I saved my lunch you made me for the bus ride home. I shared it with Wyatt.
Me- crying I am laughing so hard.
Me- Dylan, what did you tell your teacher when she asked if you were eating hot or cold lunch today?
Dylan- I said hot and cold.
Me- left wondering if any lunchroom aide saw that he had a bag lunch sitting next to his tray of food...and if he really did say that he was having both
So, I guess now we start day 3 with a negative lunch account balance (we have not put money in it yet!)
No comments:
Post a Comment