11.14.2012

Hurricane Sandy Victims On Our Mind...

Last night I wrapped up our package to send to New Jersey. 

Sometimes when things like Hurricane Sandy happen, I feel so far removed from it and sadly put it out of my mind until its on the news again. 

Recently, I "liked" a NoNut Moms Group on Facebook. I love all of the comments, suggestions and resources I have learned about through them. They posted an address for a food bank that is looking for "allergy friendly" food (foods free of the top 8 most common allergens) donations. 

That hit closer to home for me. 

Dylan is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. There are challenges associated with that. BUT, there are people and kids out there that are allergic to so many things you wonder what they CAN eat. This is where I feel very lucky. And these sorts of foods are not only harder to find in stores but they are more expensive. 

Doing our good deed for the day for me, my family and the hurricane victims. 

As I was getting the box all ready to go, Dylan piped up and said, 
"Mom! I have an idea! I can draw on the box so it will make them smile when they get it!" 
Great idea buddy. 

No comments: