My bff Melinda can attest to this...I used to make her listen to a record (yes, I said record) of Bing Crosby while we played SkipBo in my room...in June. She always just went along with my crazy shenanigans.
I used to listen to this cassette tape over and over again, you know, before CD's were invented. I don't even think I have anything to play this on now but I will never get rid of this. It looks like my dad's handwriting but I believe that this was my grandma Domagalski's Christmas tape. I can tell you exactly when the songs get cut off at the end of each side of the tape- that is how many times I have listened to it.
| Grandma Domagalski, ME, Grandma Edie, & my dad with the sweet side burns |
There is so much happiness (and stress, depending on how you look at it) around the holidays because of family. There is no doubt that I appreciate and love my family that is with me here and now. But man, I sure do miss those that have passed away.
There are little reminders like this tape everywhere that help me remember.
Too many people to list, too many people that aren't with us.
I will be thinking about you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment