Every day, I feel torn between being that overprotective, obnoxious, annoying parent and being the "good" parent that does everything to keep my kids safe. Am I worrying too much? I have started to let go of what other people think of me and focus on the education aspect of food allergies.
Recently, this link to a great blog entry post popped up through a group I am linked to on Facebook. It says everything I really wish I could say to people and more. I want people to "get it" but I don't want to be overbearing.
This is my life. And I cannot wait for my man Dylan to order dessert at Disney World someday soon.
Thanks for reading this. I appreciate it.
DeeDee
Dylan's first allergic reaction (to peanut butter):
June 11th, 2008, four days before his first birthday.
2 comments:
Thanks for linking back to my post! I'm so glad it seems to be speaking people! You will love, love Disney if you go. It's the best place in the world for people with food allergies!
I am not the mom of an allergy kid so far, but I will always try to stick up for those of you that are. I can not imagine the fear you are always living with, and I am glad to do anything I can to help with that. Thanks for continuing to educate us!
Post a Comment