1.29.2013

When It Rains, It Pours.

                                                 Chris hurts knee at work, takes pain meds

6:10 pm                                   Both crabby boys in bed for a much needed 
                                                 early bed time

8:30 pm                                  Dylan wakes up crying saying his ear hurts. Give him   medicine and put him back to bed. 

12:45 am                                Jacob wakes up with the worst croupy cough he has ever had. I get up to give him some medicine, his nebulizer, get the humidifier going and figure out how to get him comfortable. Chris gets up and makes his way to the kitchen.

12:47am                                 I hear a crashing sound coming from the kitchen. Run out to see Chris face down, lying on the floor with his head at the top of the steps. Freezer door open, tons of stuff ripped off of the frig. He won’t answer me and his arms are flopping around. He looks like he is trying to puke. WHAT!? Is he having a seizure? What is happening!? I call 911. As I hang up with the operator, Chris comes to with a big old gash on his head (and shoulder) and goes, “OH, I guess I didn’t make it back to the bedroom.” More than relieved he is talking to me.

1:25am                                   EMT people arrive and say the roads are absolutely awful and they were sliding all over the place on their way to our house. I think-good thing it wasn’t an emergency at this point. Hudson EMT and Roberts volunteer fire people show up and take vitals, ask lots of questions, put Chris in a neck brace and on a board. (Jake is watching all of this while Dylan is sawing logs).

2am                                        Fire rescue truck, ambulance and first responder car all loaded up ready to leave. They want to take Chris to the hospital because he did his head hard and they want to check him out. I hear the fire rescue truck pull away with chains on- I guess it really is icy out there!

3am                                        Jacob is back to sleep. Chris calls to say they are done checking him out and he is fine. They think he passed out from the pain. They don’t think that it was a seizure or anything to do with the medicine. Xray of knee shows no broken bones. Probably just a bad bruise. Now, how to get home?

3am-6am                               Chris calls the cab company who doesn’t answer until 6am. I feel guilty but I am afraid I might make this a bigger mess by hopping in the car and somehow getting in a car accident on the way to the hospital.

7 am ish                                  Chris gets a hold of our buddy Justin Munger to give him a ride back to our house- yay!

7:30am                                   Dylan’s school is canceled for the day.

8:30am                                   Dylan wakes up and says his ear doesn’t hurt anymore (but I will still be taking him in to get his ear checked- this kid has a ridiculously high pain tolerance)

9:10 am                                  Boys are playing Legos, Chris and Tucker are in bed. Jacob still has a horrible cough.

We will head to the QuickCare clinic soon and pick up 
some movies and hibernate for the rest of the day. 
That is all the excitement I can handle. 



The scene at the Koss house- approx. 2am

No comments: