8.11.2013

Summer Camping

We just got home from a fabulous weekend of camping with our grandma's! 
We went to Juneau County Wilderness Park in Necedah, WI. 
It was pretty awesome. 
Here are some of our memories...


A small shot of Petenwell Lake. It is ginormous! 

 Our campsite was right next to the the playground. 
This was awesome only until it was time for bed and the teenagers were 
running around, playing games, screaming like knuckleheads. 


Dylan and Jacob are at their best when they have to be each other's playmate. 
They are so cute when they actually get a long! 

Camp. 
That awesome tent off to the left was me and Chris' humble abode. 


Bacon. 

Chris caught this fish with his hand!!!! 
Ok, so he spotted it floating on its back. 
We swung back to check it out and it was still alive..but barely. 
It was a 24 inch walleye. 
We didn't keep it...we didn't know what was wrong with the poor thing! 

"Hey boys, go stand on the end of the dock and smile!"

Our grandmas rock. No pun intended. 

Jacob, apparently bored out of his mind. 
Meanwhile, I made it in the picture! Proof that I actually was there! 

Such a boy thing. We were supposed to have hot dogs for lunch. 
This is what Chris came up with. Hot dog + salami + cheese. 
And I think it ended up with a bean on it too. 

Eating lunch. 

Dylan went tubing. 

I love when the sun hits the water like this. 


And we played monster trucks on the beach. 

Heading out to go night fishing quick before the sun went down. 

Awesome. 

Yep, that's my kid. 

Too cute. 

Dylan and Grandm Jo 
(Take 6- Dylan was fed up with me trying to take this shot!)

The sunset got even better as it went down. 

And then we came back for s'mores. 

You need to wear a headlamp while roasting marshmallows. 


In the morning, the weather was cruddy so we played games. 

Story cubes. 

Delicious breakfast! 

Ick. 

The stars were spectacular Saturday night. 
It looked like something out of a National Geographic magazine. 
Apparently, it was the Perseid Meteor shower. 
As we were sitting around the fire Dylan looked up, started telling us about a time when he saw a shooting star and BOOM there was a shooting star right in front of us! 
It was so great. 
We saw lots of meteors that night. 
We were even able to see some of the satellites. 
It is moments like that that I cannot take a picture with my camera
..but I will never forget. 

I hope the boys never forget trips like these. 

Thanks Grandma Chris and Grandma Jo! 






1 comment:

Abby Domagalski said...

I wanna go camping!!!